The question was, what are the instructions for the W9 form?
Answer: W-9 form instructions are there to give you accurate details on how to fill out the form depending on different circumstances.
It is a request for the taxpayer Identification number and certification. A taxpayer ID number can be an ITIN or for an individual it can be a social security number.
This 4 page document covers some of these categories.
- FATCA Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act
- When to use a W9 form
- Submit the form electronically
- ITIN Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
- Substitute W9 Forms
- Payees and/or Payments Exempt from Backup Withholding
- Payees and Account Holders Exempt form FATCA Reporting
- Joint Foreign Payees
- Names and TIN's to use For Information Reporting
- TIN Matching
Download the W9 Requester Instructions form.